FALL MUSHROOM CSA IS NOW OPEN!
Fall CSA Closes in:
With our inaugural summer mushroom CSA wrapping up, it’s time to look forward to fall! Mushrooms are a traditional part of cold-weather, autumn dishes, and this is the most affordable way to guarantee access to a variety of yummy local fungus each week.
We learned a lot from our summer CSA. We made some mistakes. And we’ve tweaked a few details as a result (read on for more…) We think you’ll love it even more this time around!
What is a CSA?
A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program is a way for community members to support and become true partners with local farms. You pledge to support one or more local farms by paying at the beginning of the season for a share of the anticipated harvest. Then, you share the risks and rewards of food production with the farmers.
Once the harvest begins, you receive a weekly share of produce (in our case, mushrooms!). The upfront payment allows the farms to cover their costs for seeds (or, you know, mushroom spawn) and equipment, and YOU get months of farm fresh, healthy, gourmet mushrooms!
- The first weekly boxes will be available Friday, September 5th.
- The CSA will run for 8 weeks.
- There will be no deliveries available this time around. Simply put, we lost money by doing deliveries last time. However, we’ll be offering pickups at our stand at the Fulton St. Farmer’s Market every Wednesday from 4 to 730pm and Friday from 9am to Noon. Come see us and say hi!
PLEASE READ THIS PART CLOSELY—->> We’ll now be operating a PERPETUAL CSA, with signups taken on a rolling basis. Once you sign up, you get 8 weeks worth of delicious West Michigan-grown fungus at a discounted rate.
Examples: If you sign up on September 1st, your CSA runs for the next 8 weeks, ending the week of October 24th. On the other hand, if you sign up on October 1st, your CSA will run for the 8 weeks following, and will end the week of November 21st. (We reserve the right to close further signups at any time)
All CSA Shares Include:
- 1 box of gourmet, locally grown, chemical-free mushrooms per week for 8 weeks
- A discount of up to 45% off of farmer’s market prices
- Access to one of the healthiest and nutritionally complete super-foods on the planet
- Availability of varieties may vary. We’ve almost always got Golden and Grey Oyster, plus Maitake and Heirloom Shiitake. Lion’s Mane and King Oyster coming soon. Who knows what else we may have up our sleeves?
- The knowledge that you’re supporting a vibrant, sustainable, and resilient local foodshed
8 Week Full CSA Shares: One-time payment of $100. Includes one full pound of mushrooms per week for 8 weeks at 45% off farmer’s market prices. Click Here to Sign Up Now!
8 Week Half CSA Shares: One-time payment of $55. Includes 1/2 pound of mushrooms per week for 8 weeks at 40% off farmer’s market prices. Click Here to Sign Up Now!
Many people wonder if they’ll be able to use a full pound of mushrooms per week. You’ll be surprised at how many mushrooms you go through once you begin incorporating these super-foods into your diet. One pound of mushrooms will last 2-3 meals if used in a side dish. Alternately, a pound is about right for one main course meal recipe that feeds 3-4 people. Don’t worry – we’ve got recipe books available for sale, and our farmer’s market staff can always give you a few ideas.
Questions? Call us at 616-710-1060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org